our times


Ticking time


Of recent, Pastor E A Adeboye and Pastor Tunde Bakare have spoken out and lambasted ''prosperity'' pastors, also, the cries against official and unofficial looting refused to be comforted, even as moral decadence, and ''importation'' of foreign and strange cultures continue to batch our already ''weak frame''. I was asked for my opinion on these.


Well, for those who have worked with me or who I have worked with, you know very well that I will not tell you lies and I care less about being in the minority; I've always find myself in the minority anyway.


What we have today is what we bargained for! In fact, we have not seen anything yet! At a point, God will deliver us but that may be after we have had a fill of the result of our ''lusts'' but in this, God knows those that belongs to Him. If it were possible to mention names, we'll start to roll out names of those who advised, admonished, encouraged and ordered that the standard should be lessened and reduced to keep ''institutions'' running; men and women as brute beasts - and those that are involved know themselves.


In those days, Israel asked for a king and it got the calamity of monarchy! Before this generation started to cry out, it first of all asked for rights of freedom to choose outside God, those that spoke out then were silenced because they had no status. Even what unbelievers will not do in the presence of their vain gods, such are permitted in the Church of God in the name of 21st century Christianity. So, now, we are now seeking value for what we sold out at a bargain; the sort of buy 1 get 6 free!


I could not but smile inwardly when I read the exchange between a young clergy and one time PDP chieftain, Bode George during the latter's thanksgiving service after his release from prison. The young clergy was of the opinion that he should have buried his face in shame for being a bad example and for not having learnt any lessons at the feet of the Lord to have been involved in fraud; yet he came with drums and flowing ''agbada'' with crowd to do thanksgiving in the Church. The young clergy was reported to have said, ''Go home and sin no more''


Bode George, when opportuned did attack the man back claiming the pastor was in form 4 when he was then the governor! That shows how desecrated the Church of God had become; what's the connection? Claiming status or achievement to subdue the truth? I'm so sure, a standing order will be in place for the young pastor's officiating schedules, if not for any other thing but that he should not officiate at Bode George's burial. That is one out of many.


I hope soon, children will not be slapping their parents, I hope soon homes will not become brothels, I hope soon women will not become the head of the family, I hope soon the men will not abandon their posts. I hope soon this generation will not become a family-less generation because the family is the root and the decadence started from there, and when the leaves starts to rot, it touches the branches, the stalk and right down to the root - I hope the centre will be able to hold.


I have mentioned this before, it would have got to a crucial point before a father will tell his son or daughter, ''go and do whatever you like'' So, also is this generation, Christ in the book of Revelation summed up all His pleadings with this ''Let him who does wrong continue to do wrong; let him who is vile continue to be vile; let  continue to be holy''


To those who are re-setting God's standards at home, in the community and nations, remember this, God cannot be mocked; whatsoever you sow you will reap. To those who are jumping about seeking for platform to live a life free of obedience to God, hear this, ''whosoever eats the grape, will have his/her teeth set on edge'' And for those who are standing faithfully both in their doings and in speaking out against the evil of this generation, may you be strengthened from above and I salute you!


Samuel Yerokun

Comments